Monday, May 10, 2010

One week out and feeling great!

Well, I was sleeved one week ago today.  I'm on day 7 of the stage 1 clear liquid diet.  I weighed myself this morning and my weight loss since surgery day is 13.4 lbs, and my total weight loss since the beginning of April (when I started the pre-op low carb, high protein diet) is 21.4 lbs!

I had a follow up appointment with the surgeon's office this morning.  Everyone kept telling me how great I looked and how I didn't look like I just had surgery a week ago.  I truly do feel amazing.  I've had little to no pain at all, and am just a little tender in my belly area.  The incisions are healing well.  I'm (mostly) getting my vitamins in.  I am cleared to start stage 2 of my post op diet tomorrow, which is the full liquid phase.  I'll be able to add skim milk, low carb yogurt, sugar-free/lowfat pudding, thicker soups like tomato and cream of chicken, high protein meal replacement shakes and a few other things.  While I've done well with just clear liquids, I'm excited about moving on to full liquids!

I'm going back to work on Wednesday.  Since I'm a graphic designer and have a desk job, I think I'll do fine.  Honestly, I feel good enough to go back now.  But it will be nice to have one more day to relax before getting back into the swing of things.

 So, one week out, I feel great.  This part still amazes me, but I HAVE NOT BEEN HUNGRY!  It's been a fairly easy recovery and I feel like I'm off to a nice start.  I love my sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment